Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Blog Direction, and Elmo Knows Your Name Cellphone Review (my first product review)

Ok. I admit it. I started this blog a few months ago to document my son's life other than in a scrapbook, but I only have one post on here about him, and that was about my pregnancy and his birth, not even about his life. I don't really have time anymore since he's 9 months old (well, he will be on Sunday). It's tough keeping tabs on him when he's awake and when he's not eating. He started crawling about a month ago, and started pulling up to standing about 2 weeks ago. So I have decided to take my blog in a new direction. I am going to start reviewing products. By products I mean food, toys, etc that I get for my son, and I might throw in something for myself every once in a while because I deserve it. I'm pretty sure someone out there would find this helpful, because I know I sure search the Internet for advice and reviews a good amount (especially late at night when I can't ask my mom for advice because she's already asleep). So, here's my first review.

Fisher-Price Knows Your Name Elmo Cell Phone



I bought this toy a few months ago for my son because I showed it to him in the store to keep him entertained and, even at that age, he didn't want to part with it. I knew that the packaging said that it was 18 months and up, but it made noise and was brightly colored so I knew it would keep my son's attention for at least a little while. I like this product because when you get it home, you can connect it to the computer and put your child's name on the phone, and Elmo says their name in conversation. One detail on the box that I missed before leaving the store was that the mini USB cable is not included. Luckily, I own a digital camera, so I had a mini-USB cable laying around. The setup of the phone was very easy. My son doesn't understand what Elmo is saying because he's just 9 months, but it holds his attention. The buttons are very easy for my son to push. I like that there are many different sayings on the phone, so it will take a few minutes before you hear the same thing twice. Also, there are 5 different "ringtones", and there are also sayings from different Sesame Street characters, such as Ernie and Oscar the Grouch. Well, I hope that this review was helpful, and I hope that I can keep up with my reviews and that they are helpful as well.

Disclosure: I did not receive any compensation for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment